This project is read-only.

Thanks!

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:57 PM
I've been looking for a good SVG implementation I could use in my various games. The last time I tried it, it was some horrible hack with Cairo+Rsvg+Gdk+OpenGL (worked better in Linux, barely worked on Windows). I managed to drop your library in as a replacement in less than an hour and it worked perfectly (haven't tried Linux though).

Had a few minor issues with clipipng paths and gradient fills. I saw clipping was on the issue list, so I voted for it, not sure of gradient fills qualify as a filter though. Regardless, I can get around them, so I wasn't too worried. But, just wanted to say thank you.
Nov 4, 2008 at 9:18 PM
Wow, that's great that you've been able to use it! I don't know how you'd get on with Linux... from what I've read this should run fine in Mono though.

Clipping paths are being worked on for the next release, but gradient fills are already supported. It's likely that you've come across a bug in the implementation if you're having problems. If at all possible raise a work item with an example svg file (if you have one that can be shared)?

Thanks for the feedback, and be sure to let me know if you have issues!

Cheers,
Dave
Nov 4, 2008 at 9:49 PM
I submitted the example file I was using. It's pretty small mainly because I have my sprites pulled apart to do some filter effects on them (mainly tinting). I don't mind sharing examples, I had a web comic for a short while that used the same graphic style I am for this game contest (tigsource.com, Lovecraft Commonplace Book competition). I also tried this with Gamedev's contest last year, but that bombed because it was so hard to get SVG into OpenGL.

I'll know a lot more on Thursday, that is when I start messing around with much more complicated layers and loading. I'm trying to do a parallax layering with the game, but keeping everything in the same Inkscape file. :)